The pithy, opinionated, and sometimes brutally frank Heinz-Ulrich von Boffke challenges average guys to live a life less ordinary and embrace classic style in the broadest sense. it's time to rise above the trite, the boring, the predictable, the mundane, the banal, and the commonplace. It's time to stop behaving like barnyard animals at the trough and leave behind the perpetually sloppy man-child aesthetic of the last two decades or so. It's time to learn once again how to present and conduct yourself like an adult with some grooming, finesse, and sophistication. And here is where you can learn how.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Dressing. . .

A quick shot of my lower extremities just prior to supper on Christmas Day 2014.

Christmas Day provided an all-too-rare chance to dress for dinner, and I seized the opportunity to do so.  Above, you can observe a so-so pair of Johnston-Murphy black tasseled loafers, brand new Dapper Classics candy cane socks, and some light gray flannel dress pants.  On top, I wore my usual heavy flannel navy blazer with a maroon, dark green, and yellow mini-plaid sportshirt, and a muted green knit silk tie.  Oh, and I tucked a rather festive blue, red, gold, and white Italian pocket square into the outer chest pocket of my blazer.  

I'll probably wear a variation of this ensemble for drinks and dessert with friends here at home tomorrow evening, and again with a couple of old grad school friends with whom we are dining out on January 2nd.  Rest assured, I'll not wear the exact same items again, since I have a few different blazers and several pairs of gray or charcoal flannel dress pants in the ol' winter wardrobe at this point.  A blazer and gray flannel pants have, it seems, become my default evening attire when I want to feel somewhat casual yet still 'dressed.'  I just can't bring myself to use the term 'smart casual' however.  Sorry.

-- Heinz-Ulrich

1 comment:

Matt said...

May I wish you and your family a Happy New Year. I look forward to a well dressed 2015.