The pithy, opinionated, and sometimes brutally frank Heinz-Ulrich von Boffke challenges average guys to live a life less ordinary and embrace classic style in the broadest sense. it's time to rise above the trite, the boring, the predictable, the mundane, the banal, and the commonplace. It's time to stop behaving like barnyard animals at the trough and leave behind the perpetually sloppy man-child aesthetic of the last two decades or so. It's time to learn once again how to present and conduct yourself like an adult with some grooming, finesse, and sophistication. And here is where you can learn how.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Late September Office Hours Style. . .


  
One can never be overdressed in my opinion, especially on this campus where there are plenty of male professors and administrative muckety-mucks walking around who know what they are doing when it comes to matters sartorial.  My own garb today included a vintage Corbin Glen Plaid silk-wool suit, a recrafted pair of Allen Edmonds shoes, a Black Watch regimental striped tie by Reis of New Haven (one of my very best Central Illinois thrifting finds ever), and socks by Dapper Classics.  

I know, I know.  A bit much in the sock department given the other patterns and colors.  But I mistakenly thought I grabbed a pair of plain navy Merino wool socks in the dim light of morning.  It was not to be however.  I was pressed for time this morning and went with what I found easily in the overstuffed sock drawer.  Not shown are the white linen pocket square and the blue and white seersucker braces that I chose in lieu of a belt.

Tomorrow is another Hawaiian Shirt Gonzo Friday, and while I would normally not have any commitments on campus, and thus would be free to remain at home, there is a proessional development seminar in the afternoon I wish to attend.  Even if that turns out to be a waste of time (and they often do in my experience), it will at least provide a ready excuse to shave and dress for the event.  There is a new Brooks Brothers Makers necktie that arrived in the mail to day, which I will enjoy wearing.  

"What??!!  A man who actually enjoys wearing a necktie??!  Did I hear right?"  Yep.  You did.

-- Heinz-Ulrich

2 comments:

Old School said...

Thought you'd find this interesting:

https://shar.es/17J76Y

Heinz-Ulrich von Boffke said...

Yes, I do. thank you!

Best Regards,

Heinz-Ulrich von B.