The pithy, opinionated, and sometimes brutally frank Heinz-Ulrich von Boffke challenges average guys to live a life less ordinary and embrace classic style in the broadest sense. it's time to rise above the trite, the boring, the predictable, the mundane, the banal, and the commonplace. It's time to stop behaving like barnyard animals at the trough and leave behind the perpetually sloppy man-child aesthetic of the last two decades or so. It's time to learn once again how to present and conduct yourself like an adult with some grooming, finesse, and sophistication. And here is where you can learn how.
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Random Thoughts for March. . .
Killing time this early morning before over freshly fragrant dark roast, black. Random thoughts for the final day of February 2018 include:
1) Shaving with a mug and brush.
2) Live, professional level jazz 10 feet in front of you, improvised without a net.
3) Navy flannel suits
4) Repp stripe neckties
5) Watching a painter work at his or her canvas.
6) Well-executed and presented student learning team discussions
7) Glassy toe boxes and heel caps with a highly buffed sheen from leather moisturizer on the rest of the shoes.
8) Daily use of horsehair shoe brushes that belonged to your grandfather.
9) 6x2 double-breasted suits
10) Double Indemnity (1944), Scarlet Street (1945), Raw Deal (1948), Night and the City (1950)
11) Navy calf-length dress socks in wool with almost everything.
12) Acting or musician personalities, past and present, who could/can actually hold up their end of a conversation.
-- Heinz-Ulrich von B.