Killing time this early morning before over freshly fragrant dark roast, black. Random thoughts for the final day of February 2018 include:
1) Shaving with a mug and brush.
2) Live, professional level jazz 10 feet in front of you, improvised without a net.
3) Navy flannel suits
4) Repp stripe neckties
5) Watching a painter work at his or her canvas.
6) Well-executed and presented student learning team discussions
7) Glassy toe boxes and heel caps with a highly buffed sheen from leather moisturizer on the rest of the shoes.
8) Daily use of horsehair shoe brushes that belonged to your grandfather.
9) 6x2 double-breasted suits
10) Double Indemnity (1944), Scarlet Street (1945), Raw Deal (1948), Night and the City (1950)
11) Navy calf-length dress socks in wool with almost everything.
12) Acting or musician personalities, past and present, who could/can actually hold up their end of a conversation.
-- Heinz-Ulrich von B.