Stopped off along the way to campus very early this morning for a large mug of fresh dark roast to steel myself for an 8am class. And took the opportunity to snap the photographs of today's attire. Given the sunshine and warmth predicted, I opted for a tan cotton suit and lighter weight cotton shirt.
The Allen Edmonds shoes (the Byron model), not seen anywhere on this blog before today, are lighter brown and less reddish than they appear in the picture. Still, it was not a bad look overall I think. Not shown are the usual Panama hat and a pair of vintage Polo braces in lieu of a belt.
In other sartorial news (?!), I have a recently acquired double-breasted number in Prince of Wales plaid from J. Press, but I've had a hell of a time getting my tailor to take care of an alteration or two to his usual standard. Distracted maybe?
In any case, I've got to drop it off again tomorrow to undo some previous work and start again. Usually, only a few minor alterations are needed to adapt a 40R suit or sports jacket to my still fairly trim frame. Don't quite know what the issue is this time around.
Sigh. It shouldn't be this hard.
-- Heinz-Ulrich
Comments
Post a Comment
All opinions are welcome here. Even those that differ from mine. But let's keep it clean and civil, please.
-- Heinz-Ulrich