The pithy, opinionated, and sometimes brutally frank Heinz-Ulrich von Boffke challenges average guys to live a life less ordinary and embrace classic style in the broadest sense. it's time to rise above the trite, the boring, the predictable, the mundane, the banal, and the commonplace. It's time to stop behaving like barnyard animals at the trough and leave behind the perpetually sloppy man-child aesthetic of the last two decades or so. It's time to learn once again how to present and conduct yourself like an adult with some grooming, finesse, and sophistication. And here is where you can learn how.

Friday, October 9, 2015

Harris Tweed Friday Style. . .

 The top half.  I later switched to a dark green, purple, and silvery gray pocket squares since this one struck me as too matchy-matchy with the shirt.

At home today except for lunch on campus midday with  a colleague who is (almost) an old hippy and extremely casual in his self-presentation, so I decided to forego a necktie for the date.  Good thing since I undoubtedly would have dribbled something on it.  It always happens like that, so I usually skip midday meals and limit myself to coffee, or a banana at most.  Hey, it's a good way to stay trim.  But today, a ham and cheese sandwich it was since I was taken to lunch.  I know.  I know.  Living out there on the bloody edge.  In any case, were I to add a necktie to this particular ensemble, it would be either a knit silk, or a knit wool model.  I've got them in dark green, maroon, and mustard yellow.

-- Heinz-Ulrich


The bottom half, which includes my recently resoled Florsheim wingtips/brogues and a pair of tan Land's End dress cords that I've had for over ten years.

No comments: