I have no idea what Sean Connery is like in real life as an older man. He was certainly a rough and tough guy in his younger years by many accounts, but Connery nevertheless managed to come across as polished and urbane in his James Bond guise 50-odd years ago.
1) Navy grenadine necktie
2) "How do you do?" accompanied by a firm handshake.
3) A moderated speaking voice.
4) Uncluttered living and work spaces.
5) Discretion in all things.
7) The power of handwritten thank-you notes versus email. . . or (more typically) nothing.
8) Pleasant table manners
9) A mouth free of chewing gum
10) Telephone conversations in private
11) Inoffensive personal habits. . . even when at home with the door closed.
12) Polish, sophistication, and good grooming always
13) "The Dearborn" by Optimo Hats of Chicago
14) A subdued olive green knit silk necktie with a pink and white university stripe OCBD shirt worn beneath a Harris Tweed sports jacket with dress corduroy pants in any number of colors.
15) FYI -- The final two items seem to invite favorable comments from ladies of all ages.